Support Service Policy
1. Support Service
1.1 Support Services includes: bug fixes, help desk support, one-on-one remote training and any other support as may be agreed between the parties from time to time.
1.2 Support Services excludes: account management, consultancy, software development, training sessions, professional services (task building and report building).
1.3 Hours of cover: 9.00am -5.30pm Monday to Friday excluding public holidays and days that are declared in advance by the Supplier.
1.4 Severity levels:
Priority level Description
Represents a complete loss of service or a significant feature that is completely inoperable or inaccessible to all users and for which no workaround exists.
Major functionality failure that restricts operations and is causing adverse impact to the majority of users and for which a workaround exists
Minor functionality failure. Software does not operate as designed, resulting in a minor loss of usage and for which a workaround may be available.
No loss of service. May include such issues as documentation request, general usage information or Software Enhancements requests.
1.5 Response times
Time to acknowledge First time resolution Full resolution time
Critical 0.5 business hours Not applicable 4 business hours
High 4 business hours 1 business day 1 business day
Medium 1 business day 3 business days 8 business days
Low 1 business day 2 business days 10 business days
In the event that the Supplier is unable to meet the above response times, the parties shall work together to agree a reasonable extension of time. Where the Supplier fails to achieve the extended time, and such failure is not attributed to a force majeure event or due to the Customer’s acts and/or omissions, the Customer shall have the right to escalate the matter to the Supplier’s management team. Following escalation, the parties shall work together in good faith, to discuss and agree a suitable course of action to deal with the support request. The right to escalate that matter to the Supplier’s management team shall be the Customer’s sole and exclusive remedy for any failure by the Supplier to achieve the agreed response times.
1.6 Methods of Support
Telephone: (0)115 8232269
1.7 Procedure for requesting Support Service
- Nominated Customer Contact shall report any issues to the Supplier by logging a support ticket through the Freshdesk Support Portal managed by the Supplier. There is no limit to the number of support tickets that can be raised by the Customer. Each support ticket is limited to one issue.
- The Customer must take reasonable effort to include any necessary information to enable the Supplier to reproduce the issue, including but not limited to:
- Verify that the issue is reproducible, if applicable;
- Clear and concise steps to reproduce issue;
- Collect and attach any relevant logs or specific circumstances surrounding the discovery of the issue, e.g., first occurrence or occurrence after a specific event;
- Screenshots and or a video showing the issue
- Suggest priority level.
1.8 Supplier response:
- Review the information provided in the support ticket
- Verify that issue is reproducible
- Identify emerging trends surrounding the issue and consolidate or link systemic occurrences, if applicable;
- Reclassify the priority level at any time and in accordance to the service levels if the supplier believes the classification is incorrect;
- Based on the severity and criticality, escalate the ticket to the development team;
- Acknowledge receipt of and respond to the support ticket through the Support Portal in accordance to the service level.
1.9 Additional fees
In the event that a Customer makes a request for Support and the Supplier spends a minimum of [INSERT] hours to deal with that request and finds that the issue at hand was due to the acts and/or omissions of the Customer (as opposed to a failure in the Software or an issue with the Software or Documentation), then in such circumstances, the Supplier shall have the right to charge the Customer a fee of £xxx per hour spent by the Supplier for dealing with the support request. Such fee shall be paid by the Customer, in full, within 30 days of being invoiced by the Supplier.